also referred to as Essential Oil modality, is a form of alternative medicine that uses essential oils and other aromatic compounds from plants for healing. It has also been defined as the art and science of utilizing naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants to balance, harmonize and promote the health of body, mind and spirit, thus enhancing the body’s ability to find a natural way to heal itself and improve immune response. It is based on the principle that natural fragrances, or essential oils, from certain plants or flowers, can affect our moods, and consequently how we think or feel at any given time and that it has medicinal benefits including antidepressant and antibacterial properties. Although the word “aroma” makes it sound as if the oils are inhaled, they can also be massaged into the skin applied in other topical ways such as baths or steam. Whether inhaled or applied to the skin, essential oils are gaining new attention as an alternative treatment for infections, stress, and other health problems. In most cases scientific evidence is still lacking, however, some evidence exists that essential oils may have therapeutic potential. The results from the study on a large number of clients have shown that they respond positively to the transdermal absorption method of essential oils. The results indicate that the aromatherapy reduces anxiety levels and stress which can result in lowering blood pressure, increase the quality of sleep, and reduce toxicity.
Essential Oils We Use In The HOCATT™:
- Bergamot – for Anxiety/Fear
- Clary Sage – Aphrodisiac
- Chamomile – Isolation
- Cedarwood – Spiritual lift, relieves itching and urinary tract infections.
- Eucalyptus – Respiratory issues, antiseptic, diuretic and stimulant
- Lemon – Clean smell, improves concentration, good for acne and arthritis
- Peppermint – Cooling refreshing effect, and enhances mental alertness
- Rose – Depression, anxiety and digestion issues
- Rosemary – Mental stimulant
- Sandalwood – Woody fragrance, alleviates chest pain and for relaxing and tension relief.
- Tea Tree – Supports the immune system and fight infections
- Ylang-Ylang – Strong fragrance, reducing stress and calming properties